An astonishing and ingeniously re-designed bathroom shouldn’t lose its glamour over time. This guide will help you to create a space that’s equal parts stylish and stunning so you can be sure to get the best out of your redesigned bathroom for years ahead.
Where To Commence Before You Get going.
Having a basic introductory know-how of the history of design is important as you start your remodelling and designing journey and put in place a clear design plan to build off of. This style cheat sheet will help you answer the various doubts:
How is interior decor different from interior designing?
- Can design be both contemporary and modern?
- Are traditional ideas supposed to be old fashioned?
- The more you get to know, the easier it becomes to make design choices that keep your personal styling ahead and clear.
Why to Design Around the concept of Timelessness?
No matter which way you choose to design your space, you’re sure to be on-trend as long as you keep timelessness as your Northernmost Star. From vintage art glass accessories to flourishing ceiling medallions and every little piece in between, no detail is too little to encapsulate the gratification of creating a bathroom that becomes an archetypal in your home.
Let in Classic Components.
Use neutral color fixtures and faucets like those from the KOHLER Memoirs Collection which are sure to blend with many styles over the course. Once the heart of your bathroom is timeless, you’re free to experiment with highlights like bold wallpaper that can be redone more often and more easily. A bathroom, much like fine wine, should always age well with passage of time.
Design that is young forever.
Your timeless bathroom needs to be operational, but that doesn’t mean it's boring. Scour older publications, tour homes that were built before the turn of the century, or research for different architectural time periods online and you’ll find that older design doesn’t have to feel outmoded. Use those pieces of history as inspiration, or employ newer collections like KOHLER Memoirs that pay homage to the past while staying fresh and recent.
A Material World.
Here is another way to keep your bathroom feeling timeless, it is to pay close heed to the materials you use for cabinetry, walls, floors, etc. Specifically choose those found in the early part of the 20th century: stone, brick, tile, and wood. Avoid materials that generally do not wear well with age, like poorly-manufactured synthetics or quick-fix products with short-life expectancy.
Timeless Is Trendy Since always.
Now since you’ve discovered how to combine neutral fixtures and playful underlining’s, you’re ready to build your own space. The KOHLER Memoirs Collection is a great spot to start if you’re searching for a modern spin on the classic bathroom. The rich grace of each piece can be seen in stylized lines, sweeping curves and ornate details intentionally built to reflect historically renowned furniture and architectural designs.
Brilliant ideas to Stay Timeless.
As you’ve understood, there is no one-size-fits-all rulebook for decorating and timelessly designing your bathroom, it doesn’t need to adhere to any strict sense of decorum. However, to make sure your bathroom is in it for the long jaunt, here are the certain popular and tried things you can do:
- Add on a one-piece fully skirted or concealed trap way toilet for an unspotted look.
- Include a freestanding bath to make an everlasting “sculptural” statement.
- Remember tiled countertops age faster than stone surfaces.
- A light neutral coloration flooded with bright and natural sunlight will keep your bathroom relevant in all its ages. Play off of the architecture of your home to create a mellifluous territory.
- Be true to your own panache in every little detail and you can’t go wrong.
- Incorporate marble or nickel that has proven to be relevant throughout the historical times.
- Stay true to your own identity in every small detail and you can’t go imprecise.